As I was organizing my tennis bag, I realized I have a LOT of stuff – and this is just my winter stuff. Check it out…the first photo is my bag. It’s pretty big because, well, I carry a lot of stuff.
In one section, I have five Prince tennis rackets. Yeah… Five. And they’re all identical, and 3 (with the blue overgrip) are strung for more control, and 2 (with the white overgrip) are strung for more power. I carry five at a time, mainly because I have room for them, and because there is nothing worse than breaking a string in the middle of a match and having no backup racket. I also have five rackets because this particular one works for me, and since tennis rackets are updated more frequently than iPhones, I bought as many as I could find before they were gone.
In the other section I have all my stuff which I may or may not end up needing, but is always good to have on hand:
- A sweatshirt for layering
- Two towels
- Two extra hats
- An ice pack for occasional tennis elbow
- My knee brace – I had surgery on my left knee about 7 years ago, and sometimes it’ll act up, so I use the brace as support.
- Pen. I’m co-captain on one of my 2 teams, so I need a pen for filling out the lineup sheets
- Sugarpova sports gum. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this gum! (It’s so sour that my mouth is watering just thinking about it, lol!)
- Pack of tissues – my nose tends to run in cold weather
- Two unopened cans of tennis balls – because you never know when you’ll feel like playing
- Nike sports sunglasses
- Ralph Lauren Polo wrist bands – these were a gift, I’m not a snob!
- Hairbrush with hair bands in case it’s windy on the court
- My Marc Jacobs accessory bag (OK, I’m a snob, lol!) for my “lady junk” – tampons, Carmex, bandaids, alcohol wipes, Motrin
- I did have my rule book, but it disappeared after a match and I haven’t gotten a new one yet.
Alrighty then… I showed you mine, so you show me yours ;-)
No seriously… We are all really interested to know what’s in your tennis bag. Please share with us in the comment section below.