If you are thinking about giving up or cutting back on dairy for health reasons, you may be worried about losing a significant amount of protein in your diet. Well, these dairy-free energy bars pack over 10 grams of protein in each bar. They’re super easy to make too, just five ingredients (plus salt and cinnamon for flavor), and you can whip them up in less than 20 minutes.
These satisfyingly chewy bars are the perfect snack before or after a workout, but they taste so sweet and cookie-like, your taste buds will easily call them dessert. I’m surprised there were any left to photograph — it’s amazing how crazy-good these are! If you’re not a fan of chocolate or want to make the recipe completely vegan, just leave out the drizzle, and you’ll save 19 calories per bar.
No Bake Chocolate Almond Protein Bars
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2-3 scoops of your favorite vanilla protein powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare an eight-by-eight-inch square pan by lining it with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of the almonds, chop, and set aside for the topping.
- In a food processor, pour in the remaining 3/4 cup of almonds and the salt. Process until you have almond butter, or several minutes.
- Add the oats, protein powder, cinnamon, and maple syrup, and process until smooth.
- Press the mixture into the pan using the back of a spoon. Top with the chopped almonds, pressing those into the bars.