We league tennis players know that the home team always brings the balls and the snackage. So, why not make one of your balls a snack?
The league ladies will love this tasty ball of awesome cheesiness. It’s versatile too, because it can be served with all sorts of things, like crackers, pita chips, bagel bites and veggies. And, it’s so easy to whip up that you’ll be plotting ways to make this your default appetizer for every future occasion.
End of season team party? A sharp cheddar cheese ball.
Your team won your division? A sharp cheddar cheese ball.
Baby shower? Yep… a SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE BALL!
Whatever you do, serve up this easy peasy cheese ball for a winner every time!
Sharp Cheddar Cheese Ball
- 1 8 oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 oz. sharp American cheese spread
- 6 oz. pimiento cheese spread
- 3 Tbsp onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley minced
- Optional: crackers pretzels, pita chips, bagel chips or assorted veggies
- To your food processor, add the first 8 ingredients and process until light and fluffy (about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap about 12 by 16 inches on a work surface. Using an ice cream scoop or a large spoon, transfer the mixture into a mound in the center of the plastic wrap.
- Lift up 2 opposite sides of the plastic wrap and cover the sides of the cheese mixture. Place your cupped hands against the plastic wrap, and gently press the mixture into a round. Lift up the remaining plastic, one piece at a time, and cover all sides of the cheese round. Shape it into a ball. Gather the loose plastic at the top and twist, creating a bundle that looks like a cinched sack or pouch.
- Wrap the plastic-wrapped cheese ball completely in aluminum foil and carefully shape it again with your hands. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Before serving, spread the parsley and chopped nuts in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator, unwrap completely, and place on the topping. Gently roll around to coat evenly. If needed, use a spoon to scoop and sprinkle the coating over the top. Pat the sides and top well to ensure a full coating.
- Place the cheese ball on a serving tray or platter, with your optional a selection of sturdy, cut vegetables, thick crackers or pita chips, clusters of grapes