I don’t know about you, but I live for summer! The days are longer, so there’s more sunlight for us to enjoy the great outdoors – playing tennis or some other sport, swimming, running, hiking, whatever!
Unfortunately, frequent outdoor fun goes hand in hand with skin problems, like peeling and blotchy patches from sunburns, acne from excessive sweat, and dry, flaky skin from chlorine in pools.
Well… What would you do if I told you that you could fix the above with a mojito? Well… A mojito body scrub :-)
It’s so easy to make, and it smells like my favorite summertime beverage! Not only that, but the peppermint oil that’s in it will leave your skin feeling cool and refreshed!
I use this in the shower, after wetting my skin, but before using shower gel. After I’m finished scrubbing, I wash off just enough to leave a light coating of the coconut oil on my skin. You can apply this body scrub after using shower gel/soap too, if you don’t mind your skin being a little bit more oily. Whatever works best for you!
This scrub is perfect to use as a facial scrub, too, and even though I wash my face thoroughly when I’m done (I tend to have naturally oily skin), my face still feels – and looks – great!
Just follow this simple recipe!
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp raw, extra virgin coconut oil
- 10 drops Lime Essential Oil
- 8 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- Some grated, dried lime peel (totally optional and mostly just for the color effect if giving as a gift)
- 1 – 8 oz. jar/container (I love the shorter, wide mouth mason jars)
- Place your jar of coconut oil in a warm water bath to soften it. The coconut oil doesn’t need to liquefy but it needs to be soft enough so you can mix in remaining ingredients
- In a small bowl, combine coconut oil, sugar and essential oils.
- Spoon into your jar
That’s it! You now have yourself an all-natural, once-a-week, minty mojito body scrub that will have your skin feeling soft, smooth, and refreshed. And then you can pat yourself on the back while saying, “I’m so clever.”
You can also multiply the recipe and give it out as gifts to your team mates or your captain, or anyone who loves a good scrub!
NOTE: The sugar will settle at the bottom once the coconut oil hardens, so place the sealed jar in a sink filled with warm water right before your shower (it only takes a few minutes to soften it).