Overnight oats… please tell me you’ve had these? They are pretty basic but then you add lots of tasty things and then they’re not so basic… they’re actually creamy, flavorful and even magical!
This recipe combines one of my fave triple combinations: strawberries, bananas and almond butter… So good! And besides the fact there are only a few ingredients, there is absolutely ZERO cooking required! The oats expand and ‘cook’ by themselves, overnight. (I told you they were magical!)
Here’s all you need to do: just mix some vanilla greek yogurt and almond milk with a mashed banana. Add in oats and chia seeds and stir in some diced strawberries. Spoon the mixture into a jar and refrigerate overnight, and in the morning, top with creamy, nutty almond butter, bananas, strawberries, and chia seeds, and go to town!
Can I get a YAAAAAAASSSS?! I mean seriously, what’s not to love about this make-ahead breakfast?
Lately I’ve been enjoying these oats after my morning matches and workouts. They keep me full until lunch thanks to wonderful balance of healthy fats, fiber, carbs and protein.
P.S. This is my favorite almond butter EVER.
If you make this recipe or any other on TLM, be sure to snap a photo, upload it to instagram and use the hashtag #tennislifemagazine! I love checking out your beautiful and delicious creations.
Strawberry And Banana Overnight Oats With Almond Butter
- 1 medium ripe banana mashed
- 1-1/4 cup almond milk unsweetened vanilla
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt non-fat vanilla
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 10 strawberries diced
- 2 tbsp organic almond butter
- Add banana, almond milk and vanilla greek yogurt to a medium bowl and stir until well combined and creamy. Stir in oats, chia seeds and strawberries.
- Divide evenly into two mason jars or plastic containers, then cover and place in fridge overnight.
- Once ready to serve, top each overnight oat serving with 1 tablespoon of almond butter and a few extra banana slices and/or strawberries, if desired. If you like crunch, add chia seeds.