This week, I’m working overtime, buzzing from one meeting to another, a few errands, a couple of grocery store runs, one lunch date, one happy hour, and three nights and a Saturday morning of tennis! My calendar alerts are definitely working overtime.
That being said, I’ll take any excuse to be out soaking up this fab Spring sunshine that’s been warming up Houston lately, even if that means an overbooked week of errands. So, no complaints here!
I’ve got my windows down, my new shades on, and my podcasts are a-playin’.
And I’ve got these tasty energy bites packed along for the ride!
The smoky, salty flavor of the roasted almonds rounds out the sweetness of the almond butter, honey and coconut in these bites perfectly.
And in the midst of a crazy day of running all over town, they also provide the perfect pop of protein to keep me energized — definitely what I need today!
So if you’re looking for a new sweet-n-salty snack, breakfast, or even a healthier dessert, you’ve gotta try ’em.
Salty Sweet Energy Bites
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ⅔ cup coconut flakes toasted
- ⅔ cup roughly chopped almonds roasted and salted
- ½ cup organic almond butter
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt fine
- In a medium bowl, stir all of the ingredients together until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for at least thirty minutes.
- Once chilled, roll the mixture into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine are usually about 1-inch in diameter.)