One of my favorite flavors during the holiday season (besides pumpkin) is peppermint… or mint anything! Combine that with chocolate and you have yourself a winning pair!
These Peppermint Brownies are not only fudgy, uber chocolate-y, with a hint of peppermint, but they are super easy to make! The trick to a tasty chocolate-y brownie is adding melted chocolate to it, on top of the cocoa powder. Using just cocoa powder will leave you with more of cake-like brownie, but add some chocolate to it and voila! You have fudgy brownie deliciousness!
Perfectly Peppermint Fudge Brownies
- ½ cup butter salted
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour plus 2 tbsp
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon ground
- ¼ tsp sea salt fine
- ⅓ cup peppermint candies crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish with cooking spray. Then line the bottom with parchment paper and up the sides for easy removal after baking.
- In a small bowl, add chocolate chips and butter. Melt chocolate in the microwave, heating in 30 second shifts and stirring until chocolate is smooth and completely melted.
- Pour chocolate into a large bowl and let rest for 5 minutes.
- To the chocolate bowl whisk in eggs, one at a time. Whisk in the sugar.
- Next add vanilla extra, cocoa powder, white whole wheat flour, ground cinnamon, sea salt. and half the candy cane mixture. Whisk everything together until completely combined.
- To the prepared baking dish, add the brownie mix.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes, top with remaining crushed candy canes.
- Serve and enjoy!