I love it when my partner brings her yummy 7-layer bean dip to our home matches. I swear, I could eat the whole thing by myself!
This easy-to-make Mexican dip has layers of flavored refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, cheese, olives and green onion… perfect to nosh on after a league match!
The secret to this bean dip is flavored refried beans. Canned refried beans are bland and boring, so these are seasoned with a little cumin, garlic powder and chili powder, though you could also use pre-packaged taco seasoning.
Easy 7-Layer Bean Dip
- 2 15 oz cans refried beans (black or pinto)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 avocados peeled and seeded
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 8 oz sour cream
- ¾ cup your favorite salsa
- 5 ½ cups shredded Mexican blend cheese cheddar and Monterey jack
- 6 oz black olives sliced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 roma tomato diced (optional garnish)
- tortilla chips
- Add the refried beans to a mixing bowl. Season with chili powder, cumin and garlic powder (or 2 tbsp. of your favorite packaged taco seasoning). Taste and add more seasoning if desired.
- Spread beans into a single layer on a large serving plate or in a 9"x13'' pan.
- Add the avocados and lime juice to a bowl and mash well with a fork. Dollop spoonfuls of the mixture evenly over the beans, and then gently spread into an even layer.
- Dollop spoonfuls of the sour cream evenly over the avocados, and then gently spread into an even layer.
- Dollop small spoonfuls of salsa all over the top of the sour cream layer, and then gently spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle with the cheese, followed by the olives and green onion. You could also add a diced tomato for a colorful garnish (optional).