Did you know Ginger and Mango both boost your metabolism?
Studies have shown that along with boosting your metabolism, ginger is also a natural pain reliever. From migraines to menstrual cramps, ginger heals a lot of pain. Ginger also helps reduce morning or motion sickness and banishes heartburn!
Mangoes not only boost metabolism, they also aid in digestion, boost your memory and increases your sex drive! (Yep… I went there!)
All you need is:
- 1-inch thick piece of ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced. be sure to use a thick piece, not a long skinny piece. If it’s too skinny, you won’t have much ginger left after peeling.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh mango, cubed.
- ice cubes
PLEASE NOTE: this is an infused water and so it won’t have a very strong flavor. The water is very refreshing and the flavor is very light, but the health benefits are da bomb!
This detoxifying water will do a lot for your body, so make a pitcher today and enjoy!
Detoxifying Mango And Ginger Infused Water
- 1- inch "thick" piece of ginger root peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cup fresh mango cubed
- 3 cups ice cubes
- water more or less to taste
- With a vegetable peeler, peel the ginger root and cut into 3-4 slices, about the size and thickness of a coin.
- In a 2 qt. pitcher, add the cubed fresh or frozen mango and the ginger.
- Top with 3 cups of ice and then fill with cold water (less water will give a little more flavor).
- Let steep for 1-3 hours before serving, then gently stir and pour into an ice-filled glass.
4.5 USTA rated/open champion level tennis player, vegan, fitness freak, animal lover, and smart ass who firmly believes that champagne is anathema for all ills. Right now I'm either up to my eyeballs in paint swatches and fabric samples, or kicking some butt on a tennis court (hopefully the latter).