Tennis styles change all the time, and sometimes, so do our waist sizes. This usually results in lots of gently worn tennis apparel hanging in closets, or taking up space in drawers. Other than taking them to a resale shop (where they take half the profit), or selling them yourself on eBay (there are still seller and shipping fees), what can you do to recoup at least some of your hard earned money?
Fellow tennis chick Allison Carbonneau came up with a brilliant solution, and it involves the most popular social media network in the world – Facebook!
That’s right! Allison started a community page, Tennis Clothing Exchange, and through it, members can buy and sell their gently worn tennis/athletic apparel and accessories directly to other members – and without consignment/seller fees!
It’s EASY to do, too! All buyers/sellers need to do is follow the rules:
- Only post if a consignment shop would accept the condition of the item.
- Please make sure to include clear, detailed photos along with info – size, condition, price, etc.
- Buyers assume shipping is to USA; at purchase, you must disclose if you require international shipping and must agree to pay additional shipping (seller has right to decline international shipping).
- Prices must be listed, no auctions or “make me an offer”.
- No haggling
- Only make an offer if “or best offer” is mentioned in their listing.
- No making offers above the listed price.
- Paypal is the expected method for transactions unless other wise stated in the listing. Paypal invoices are the preferred method of payment because Paypal friends & family provides no protection to the buyer in case any problems arise. First to leave their Paypal receives the item.
- If you have questions, it is best to leave your Paypal along with the question.
- Ship and pay on time
- Please delete your photos when sold or after 30 days with no success.
- No bumping more than once a week/every 7 days.
- You may reduce prices, but please limit it to 1-2 times in a week.
- No links to sales or other selling groups/eBay/ETSY/etc.
- If you block your Admin, you will be removed.
- Buyers/Sellers are subject to removal if they do not follow the posted rules. Thanks!
So what are you waiting for, ladies? Clean out your closets and drawers, and use the extra cash (and space) for NEW tennis apparel and accessories!
Please share this post with all of your tennis chicks, and if anyone knows of other tennis/athletic resale opportunities, please let us know, and we’ll share it with our readers :-)