Last Fall season, I made a cheese ball for one of our home league matches, but one player couldn’t eat it because she was allergic to nuts – and it was covered in pecans.
Whups! I never thought about others having nut allergies before and felt bad that someone got left out on the cheese ball, so I changed it up by swapping the nuts for pretzels and adding BACON!
This cheese ball is super easy to make, and can be made in advance so it is perfect for league home matches. It’s so good, there won’t be any left to take home, and everyone will want the recipe!
Bacon Cheddar Pretzel Cheese Ball
- 8 oz Cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup Sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Cooked bacon finely chopped
- 2 Green onions sliced
- A few dashes of hot sauce
- 1 cup Pretzels chopped
- Crackers for serving
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the shredded cheddar cheese and mix until just combined. Add the garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, bacon, green onions, and hot sauce. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon cheese mixture onto a large sheet of plastic wrap and form into a ball. Wrap cheese ball in plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour.
- When ready to serve, remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator. Place chopped pretzels on a plate. Unwrap cheese ball and gently roll in pretzels, coating well. Place on a serving plate and serve with crackers.