If you think about it, your feet take a constant beating, from pounding the court from playing tennis, to walking all over the city, to wearing high heels. They carry the weight of our entire bodies all day long, so take a little time to give them the TLC they deserve.
This stretch will target the muscle in the soles of your feet, and will also stretch your calves.
- Sit on the floor with your left leg bent, and your right leg straight out in front of you.
- Fold a hand towel in half and hold on to either end with each hand. Hook the middle of the towel around the ball of your right flexed foot.
- Bend your elbows back and pull the towel toward your chest while keeping your right leg straight, but don’t jam the back of your knee into the floor. To increase the stretch in your calf, bend your right knee slightly.
- Hold here for 30 seconds and then do this stretch with the left foot.
- Repeat for a total of 3 times for each foot.