Are you into social media like Facebook and Twitter? If so, then you may already be following these awesome accounts – and if not you’re seriously missing out! Here are some of my favorites, in no particular order:
1. Serena Williams (@serenawilliams): Love her fan interaction – her “Serena Fridays” are awesome!
— Serena Williams (@serenawilliams) November 21, 2014
2. Maria Sharapova (@MariaSharapova): One thing you learn when you follow Maria: Her life is WAAAAAAAY more glamorous than yours. Tennis, travel, fashion, and fun. Yes please!
— Maria Sharapova (@MariaSharapova) February 1, 2015
3. Roger Federer (@rogerfederer): Federer joined Twitter about a year and half ago, so he has a relatively short timeline. But every once in a while he’ll drop in and say something incredibly endearing.
— Roger Federer (@rogerfederer) January 8, 2015
4. PseudoFed (@PseudoFed): Aside from keeping fans up to date about Federer, this is the BEST. TENNIS PARODY ACCOUNT. EVER.
— Not Roger Federer (@PseudoFed) January 31, 2015
5. Martina Navratilova (@Martina): Aside from her brilliance (on and off the court) and wit, her political voice is LOUD and must be heard! And her fan interaction can’t be beat! She’s definitely a must-follow!
You know you travel too much when you have to look up your own room number from a what's app message you wrote yesterday:)
— Martina Navratilova (@Martina) March 8, 2015
6. Micaela Bryan (@MicaelaBryan): Everyone loves a toddler on Twitter! And Bob Bryan’s daughter is the best at posting hilarious pics of herself with her daddy’s friends.
— Micaela Bryan (@MicaelaBryan) August 17, 2013
7. Novak Djokovic (@DjokerNole): No pics of his new baby Stefan (yet?), but that’s OK. He tweets tons of photos and videos as he flies around the world, kicking tennis butt.
— Novak Djokovic (@DjokerNole) January 24, 2015
8. Andy Murray (@andymurray): Not only does Murray play a lot of tennis, but he watches a lot of it too. He constantly tweets about other matches he’s watching, and his support for other players – men or women – should be admired.
Congrats to @JohnsonThompson on winning gold in Prague and almost breaking world record! Great achievement at 22 years young
— Andy Murray (@andy_murray) March 7, 2015
9. Maggie May (@maggiemay_hem): She doesn’t tweet often, but when she does, Murray’s border terrier, Maggie spends her days wreaking havoc in London’s public parks and tweeting about her never-ending war with her brother, Murray’s other dog, Rusty.
10. Andrea Petkovic (@andreapetkovic): Andrea was a social media champion long before she moved into the WTA top 10. She’s smart and funny, and a must-follow!
Even the last poets have to eat. It's all happening! pic.twitter.com/hgm2HT1DGI
— Andrea Petkovic (@andreapetkovic) January 31, 2015
11. Laura Robson (@laurarobson5): She just gets it. Who knew? You would, if you followed her ;-)
Switch on the tv post training to find all three Lord of The Rings on. Yep, I guess that's me done for the day. #rideoutwithme
— Laura Robson (@laurarobson5) February 8, 2015
12. Ana Ivanovic (@AnaIvanovic): She’s relatively new to Twitter, but her posts are very down to earth and surprisingly funny.
Are you serious? Is that what they use here in Japan for shower?! pic.twitter.com/UBleTCBrEx
— Ana Ivanovic (@AnaIvanovic) September 22, 2013
13. Alison Riske (@Riske4rewards): She’s just so presh! Follow her!
usually the "do not disturb" sign indicates that I do not want service or a aggressive door knock, but what do I know
— Alison Riske-Amritraj???? (@Riske4rewards) August 20, 2013